60+ Great Gatsby Essay Topics: Pick the Right Topic & Score Better
The essay is a short paper with the personal point of view of the author, who does not position his own opinion as to the only correct one. An essay is written in free form. The purpose of the work is to express its attitude to a specific topic.
How to Select the Best Great Gatsby Essay Topic?
It is important to understand for whom you write an essay. If for a teacher, you will most likely be offered a ready list of topics to choose from. Anyway, always try to take a topic that you know well and that you are interested in.
Writing is easier when you have a personal opinion on a question, and you write not only for the grade but also because it’s interesting to think about the chosen topic. The list of the best essay topics for Great Gatsby is below. Use at your disposal.
10 High School Essay Topics for the Great Gatsby
- Image of New York at the beginning of the 20th century in Fitzgerald’s novel.
- The Problems of Wealthy People in Fitzgerald’s novel
- Indifference and cruelty in Fitzgerald’s work.
- Fitzgerald’s novel. Perception, interpretation, evaluation.
- Fitzgerald depicts the life of New York’s “elite” in the early 20th century.
- How do minor characters fit into a storyline?
- What are the main motives behind the main hero and Daisy’s romantic relationship?
- City and man in Fitzgerald’s novel.
- The main characters of Fitzgerald’s narrative.
- East Coast in Great Gatsby.
List of Great Gatsby Essay Topics: Our Top-10
- Can we charge anyone with the main hero’s death?
- For what and against what is Nick morally fighting?
- Generation of New York “elite” in the early 20th century.
- Tom and his philosophy of life.
- Can you think of Gatsby as a romantic hero?
- The role of Daisy’s image and the green light in her window.
- Tom and Nick at Fitzgerald’s narrative.
- What is the meaning of the Great Gatsby ending?
- The harrowing soul of the main hero.
- What’s the metaphor for the white and green color in a novel?
10 Analytical Essay Topics for Great Gatsby
- Genre variety of this narrative.
- Dialogue between the main hero and Daisy.
- The meaning of wealth in the novel.
- The middle-class disregard for the heroes of The Great Gatsby.
- What is the originality of love lines in the story?
- Is the tragic ending to be expected?
- An in-depth analysis of the novel.
- Fitzgerald’s philosophical motives.
- The theme of man and humanity in the story.
- How is the topic of wealth evolving?
10 The Great Gatsby Psychoanalysis Essay Topics
- The image of a disappointed hero (Nick).
- Daisy’s image.
- An image of the philistine “elite” in New York at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Nick’s spiritual evolution.
- What is the reason for the love between Tom and Myrtle Wilson?
- Why do you think almost no one came to the main hero’s funeral?
- Image of George Wilson.
- Main hero’s first date with Daisy.
- Why is the story named The Great Gatsby?
- How is the topic of “poor people” and “middle class” revealed?
10 Marxist Essay Topics on Great Gatsby
- Society and the American Dream in the USA at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Effective use of symbols, images, and allegories in Baz Luhrmann’s film.
- A look at the terrible Tom Buchanan.
- Distorted but naive. The main character of the work.
- The use of symbolism in the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Beauty and stupidity: the role of Pammy Buchanan.
- American Dreams of the main characters.
- The unlikely storyteller is Nick Carraway.
- Using cars to depict materialism.
- The attitude of women to themselves as a commodity to maintain stability.
10 BONUS Great Gatsby Essay Ideas
- Tom and George Wilson.
- This American dream is beautiful and magnificent.
- Fitzgerald has the power of money and romantic power.
- How American Greatness Crumbled.
- A look at the character Daisy Buchanan portrayed in The Great Gatsby.
- The nature of society in the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby.
- To what extent does Fitzgerald effectively reinforce the motif of the past Great Gatsby?
- The American Dream Dies at The Great Gatsby.
- Criticism of the American Dream.
- Unethical or Impartial: A Critical Look at Jordan Baker’s Character.
Can’t Find an Interesting Topic? We Can Help!
For whom it is difficult to choose a topic and write a text, our company offers an easy and fast solution – help in writing essays.
We have been working on the academic paper market for several years now. During this time, we have completed thousands of different student assignments. A lot of students come to us many times. Each time, the client receives a timely and ready unique work that meets all requirements.