60+ Hamlet Essay Topics You’ll Love Writing About
English literature students have many plays and novels to analyze as part of the course assessment. One of the famous plays is The Tragedy of Hamlet, written by William Shakespeare. It is an engaging story with controversial themes that form an excellent basis for research papers. The novel is a tragic narrative of events that tutors use to develop comprehensive papers.
Hamlet is a philosophical play, with many raised issues still prevalent in today’s society. Many college professors assign different Hamlet topics, or the students are sometimes tasked to choose their own focus. Since it is a classic narrative used in numerous colleges, you should select a unique topic with a fresh twist.
To help you jumpstart your essay composition, we have compiled compelling essay topics for Hamlet and tips to score top grades for such essays.
How to Select the Best Hamlet Essay Topic?
When selecting a Hamlet topic, a unique and exciting theme will grab your readers’ attention. But first, ensure you understand the essay prompt and writing requirements. It would also help to read the book multiple times to understand the plot development, literary devices, and characters before settling on a suitable topic.
Furthermore, go for a familiar theme that captures your interest to make your composition more compelling. Don’t forget to research thoroughly to get acquainted with previously published papers.
10 Hamlet Essay Topics High School
- Evaluate the author’s writing style.
- Love births betrayal: Discuss.
- Analyze the attitude of men towards women.
- Is revenge justified?
- Discuss the tragic hero in the narrative.
- Hamlet and Ophelia: Tragic love.
- Evaluate dominant themes.
- Analyze the theme of revenge.
- Hamlet’s personality in today’s society.
- Why did Hamlet think of committing suicide?
List of Hamlet Essay Topics: TOP-10 Best Ideas
- Evaluate the significant themes of the play.
- Discuss the struggles of Hamlet’s life.
- Importance of soliloquies in the story.
- Analyze the theme of leadership.
- Similarities between Hamlet and Horatio.
- Significance of comedy in the play.
- The fight between good and evil.
- Explore the theme of suicide.
- Revenge results in madness. Discuss.
- Why is Hamlet unwilling to accept reality?
10 Hamlet Essay Topics About Mother
- An analysis of a mother’s role.
- Explore Queen Gertrude’s personality.
- The relationship between the Queen and Claudius.
- Importance of a mother in the family.
- True love has a tragic end: Discuss.
- Explore the strained relationship between Hamlet and his mother.
- How does Shakespeare depict women?
- Why does Hamlet feel conflicted?
- Discuss the theme of deception.
- Did the Queen play a significant role?
10 Hamlet Essay Topics Ophelia
- Explore the theme of love.
- How does the central character view death?
- Analyze love and revenge based on Ophelia’s character.
- Explore Ophelia’s personality.
- Why did Ophelia opt to commit suicide?
- Explore the tragic life of Ophelia.
- Did Ophelia live a real life?
- Was Ophelia’s death an act of revenge on her family?
- Discuss how Ophelia develops the plot.
- The negative and positive influence of Ophelia’s character.
10 Oresteia and Hamlet Essay Topics
- Evaluate the connection between revenge and justice.
- Do the narratives justify revenge?
- Explore human morality.
- Evaluate revenge and death.
- Analyze the similarities of the characters.
- Why do the main characters have a conflicted life?
- Explore the role of revenge in the plays?
- Discuss the dominant themes in both plays.
- Analyze the influence of revenge on family relationships.
- Discuss the major themes relating to modern society.
10 BONUS Hamlet Essay Ideas
- Why did the main character go mad?
- Explore women’s role in society.
- Significance of the play’s setting.
- Discuss the relationship between King Lear and Hamlet.
- Who is the hero in the play?
- Explore the theme of love and betrayal.
- Does suicide play a role in plot development?
- Discuss how power influences leadership.
- Does the play justify suicide?
- Is suicide justified according to the main character?
- Discuss the tragic events in the book.
How to Score A+ for a Shakespeare Essay
Composing a meticulous William Shakespeare essay is not a walk in the park as many students might think. You need to be a keen reader to understand the play and the paper’s expectations. Here are a few tips to help you during your research and writing phase:
- Read the play multiple times to grasp the plot, themes, and characters.
- Understand the history of the play and its context.
- Identify the major themes and imagery used in the play.
- Pick a relevant topic that answers the research question.
- Develop a powerful thesis to reveal your essay’s direction.
- Incorporate logical arguments with supporting examples.
- Write correct citations for originality purposes.
- Edit and proofread your essay thoroughly.
Hire a Writer & Relax – Why Choose Our Service
There is no need to struggle alone with complicated essays. Hire our competent writer and relax while we tackle your paper. We understand the pressure most students go through trying to identify a perfect topic, researching, and writing an entire paper. That is why our writing service is here to help you during each phase. Whatever you need, you will get from our proficient and seasoned writers.
Apart from helping you during topic selection, we can craft well-researched and polished papers within no time. Don’t hesitate to contact us and we will deliver more than your expectations. Get top-notch essays from top-rated experts.